How to Optimise Vision for Crane Drivers Whilst Handling Oversized Cargo
One of the most common and annoying problems that crane operators face occurs when they must handle oversized cargo since they are forced to use Over Height Frames, and this greatly hinders their vision. This is so because the OHFs get between the spreader and the flat rack that they have to load / unload.
Hitting the corner pieces becomes very difficult, thus disrupting the usual loading and unloading rhythms, spoiling the overall efficiency of the terminal.
To avoid this, TEC presents its OHF BA-030ET that includes a system made up of two cameras and a screen installed in the cabin where the crane operator can see an image of the Flat Rack corners and thus hit the mark without interference, increasing the pace and speed, and efficiency of loading or unloading.
- 2 X Heavy duty pinhole cameras integrated in 2 opposite legs
- 1 X Screen placed on the crane cabin (Different Screen sizes available)
OHF TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Telescopic 20-40-45ft or Fixed sizes
- Tare weight = 3,4t
- Free height 2700mm (other heights available upon request)
- Lifting capacity: 50 tons
- Fully universal: compatible with any type of spreader in the market so no modification / no manipulation of the spreaders is required
- It can be positioned at any place at the terminal – No parking stand required
- Digital screen with info about usage, battery levels, number of cycles, sensor status, working hours, PLC temperature… etc.
- Floating twistlocks with single or double safety pins
- Equipped with light and sound signals to increase safety of the stevedores
- Low Energy consumption and carbon print reduction thanks to the solar panels
- Low battery blue light indication
- Complete structure made of S355J+N and Twistlocks in F-1252
- Design norm EN 13155:2003 + A2:2009
- CE certification according to UNE EN-2006/42
- Transportable inside container
- Complete technical documentation, maintenance, use instructions and spare parts list in any language.
Operating in all sectors of heavy lifting across the UK and Ireland, Cooper Specialised Handling is the exclusive UK distributor for SveTruck, RAM Spreaders, Telestack bulk material handling conveying systems and Sany mobile handling equipment, sole UK importer and exclusive distributor for Mantsinen cranes, Movella Translifters, TEC Containers and a long-term specialist in Konecranes lift trucks. The company, which celebrated 20 years in business in 2018, also has a dedicated after-sales division, Cooper Handling Solutions, which specialises in engineering support.
Independently owned, Cooper offers total solutions in both solids and bulk handling. Its customised solutions comprise high quality, high value products and reliable service for businesses operating in the most challenging heavy handling environments, including ports, freight handling, inter-modal terminals, manufacturing and other heavy lifting industries.