As part of a continued 10-year plan for sustained growth and development, Cooper Handling Solutions is expanding its engineering team and is looking for a Service Controller, based in Honiley, Kenilworth.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with ports, leading manufacturing and heavy industry operations across the UK and Ireland.
Cooper Handling Solutions is widely regarded as the largest independent operator in this niche market, supporting customers with servicing, inspections and general preventative maintenance, equipment breakdown, spare parts, contracts, long and short-term rental and new equipment commissioning.
The key aspects of the role include:
- Manage, organise, and update weekly engineer service reports using spread sheet applications.
- Analyse and interpret financial, engineer, and machine-based data and produce relevant reports.
- Respond to incoming phone calls and e-mails for spare parts and process enquire through raising of purchase orders and on-line ordering system.
- Maintain a detailed log of enquiries and orders through updating an on-going enquiry register and daybook.
- Monitor daily spare parts orders and confirm the status of all outstanding orders with factory warehouse personnel, updating customer if necessary.
- Raise sales orders and create invoices using Sage Accounts package, ensuring all prices, parts and order details are accurate.
- Maintain an organised, numerical filing system for archiving completed purchase orders and invoices.
- Collate, summarise and quote for engineer service and breakdown work, acquire order numbers and raise invoices accordingly.
- Insert warranty claims onto on-line system ensuring all relevant data is accurate and complete, maintaining a file and spread sheet of claim details.
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate with suppliers using appropriate methods to facilitate the development of profitable business and sustainable relationships.
- Maintain regular consistent and professional attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
- Participate in meetings, conferences, and company activities.
- Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely organised fashion and relevant information is re-directed to appropriate members of staff.
Provide reliable cover and offer assistance when required to complete variety of ad-hoc tasks within the office.
Experience within the engineering industry would be a distinct advantage.
Cooper Handling Solutions is auto-enrolled, with its own pension scheme, and matches employee contributions. Holidays are 21 days plus 8 statutory days.
For more information, applications and CV’s, please call Operations Director Luke Maslin on 01926 658900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org